Asian Faculty/Staff Association
The Asian Faculty and Staff Association (AFSA) was founded at Fresno State in December 2008, and is seeking faculty and staff interested in supporting Asian and Asian-American issues and activities on campus.
The association is committed to bringing together members of the Asian faculty and staff with the following goals in mind:
- Promote a campus climate that is sensitive, representative, and fair to all ethnic groups, including the variety of Asian and other Asian-related groups of faculty and staff, with the purpose of creating a more harmonious and diverse community that includes students.
- Provide support, activities, and programs for all Asian faculty and staff on campus including support for relevant curricular, professional, service, and social functions.
- Create and promote a continued sense of community and leadership opportunities among the members of the AFSA.
- Continue in building strong and proactive linkages between the University and the surrounding Asian-related constituencies both in the community and abroad.
- All for a mere annual $20 membership fee!
Connect with us!
The AFSA Listserv was created and has been utilized for announcements of AFSA-sponsored, cosponsored, or supported events and activities on campus and in the community, verified by the AFSA Board. It is not, however, intended for messages such as those of a personal nature, those soliciting support for special causes, those expressing personal opinions, or those that support public debate or campaigning. If you have questions about the AFSA listserv and its postings, please contact:
Varaxy Yi Borromeo